Assignment 1: Testing for Multiple Regression
You had the chance earlier in the week to practice with multiple regression and obtain peer feedback. Now, it is time once again to put all of that good practice to use and answer a social research question with multiple regression. As you begin the Assignment, be sure and pay close attention to the assumptions of the test. Specifically, make sure the variables are metric level variables.
For this Assignment, you will complete this as Part 1where you will create a research question that can be answered using multiple regression analysis.
To prepare for this Part 1 of your Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and media program related to multiple regression.
- Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset (whichever you choose) found in the Learning Resources for this week.
- Based on the dataset you chose, construct a research question that can be answered with a multiple regression analysis.
- Once you perform your multiple regression analysis, review Chapter 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document.
For this Part 1 Assignment:
Write a 2.5 -page(Two and a half) analysis of your multiple regression results for each research question. In your analysis, display the data for the output. Based on your results, provide an explanation of what the implications of social change might be.
Use proper APA format, citations, and referencing for your analysis, research question, and display of output.
RUBRIC/EXPECTATIONS FOR THE ASSIGNMENT:
Paper includes a clear description of the chosen variables, their unit of analysis, and their levels of measurement. A clear visual display of the data (if appropriate) is also provided, and a detailed description is given about how these quantitative reasoning and analysis skills will translate into the ability to enact positive social change.
Overall, the paper demonstrates an excellent understanding of the chosen variables and their utility.
Paper is well organized, uses scholarly tone, follows APA Style, uses original writing and proper paraphrasing, contains very few or no writing and/or spelling errors, and is fully consistent with graduate-level writing style. Paper contains multiple, appropriate and exemplary sources expected/required for the assignment.
GET THE AFROBAROMETR OR THE HIGH SCHOOL LOGOTUDINAL STUDY DATA SET HERE FROM THE LINK BELOW.http://www.transtutors.com/questions/part-1-to-prepare-for-this-part-1-of-your-assignment-review-this-week-s-learning-res-1703225.htm
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., & Leon-Guerrero, A. (2015). Social statistics for a diverse society (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 13, “Regression and Correlation” (pp. 413–476) (previously read in Week 8)
Wagner, W. E. (2016). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
· Chapter 11, “Editing Output” (previously read in Week 2, 3, 4, 5. 6, 7, and 8)
Document: High School Longitudinal Study 2009 Dataset (dataset file)
Use this dataset to complete this week’s Assignment.
Note: You will need the SPSS software to open this dataset.