For the assignments in this course, you will not be performing the IT governance plan implementation, but you will be developing a comprehensive IT Governance Policies and Procedures Plan. Your first task in this process will be to select an organization to use as the basis of your projects. You will also create the shell document for the final project deliverable that you will be working on during each unit. As you proceed through each project phase, you will add content to each section of the final document to gradually complete the final project delivery. Appropriate research should be conducted to support the analysis in your plan, and assumptions may be made when necessary.
The project deliverables are the following:
- IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual ShellUse Microsoft Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Table of Contents, Use auto-generated table of contents (TOC)
- Separate page
- Maximum of 3 levels deep
- Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
- Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with TBD as content, except for sections listed under New Content below)Project outline
- Governance framework
- Business and IT goals
- IT and information security governance
- Policy and procedure governance
- Computer use policy
- New Content
- Project Outline and Requirements
- Brief description of the organization (can be hypothetical) in which the plan will be deployed. Include a list of products or services provided by the company, company size, location(s), and other pertinent information.
- Summary of the IT systems and major computer and data uses of the company that would be affected by an IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Material can be taken from approved proposal submitted to instructor.
- Be sure this project is approved by the instructor.
- Governance Framework
- Research and select and IT governance framework to use as guidance in the development of your IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual development.
- Summarize the key points of the selected governance framework.
- Describe why the selected framework fits the needs of the selected organization.
This is an overview of the assignment for all five weeks. All I need is what is under new content which I placed in bold lettering.