Please write a 1-2 page response paper on your reactions to the film âA Place Called Chiapasâ as it relates to your reading of chapter 13.
Some guiding questions to ask yourself as you write are:
How was the Zapatista Rebellion a âglobal conflict?â
How do the events documented in the film reflect on the discussions of the lasting effects of colonialism discussed in the chapter?
Anthropologists have argued that much of the so called âthird worldâ is undergoing cultural transformations associated with neocolonialism. Do you feel that this term accurately describes these cultural phenomena? How so?
The minimum length for this assignment is 1,500 words. Be sure to check your Turnitin report for your post and to make corrections before the deadline of 11:59 pm Mountain Time of the due date to avoid lack of originality problems in your work.
Describe the historical pattern of growth of the worldwide human population since our origin. Include in this historic overview the changes that have happened technologically, medically, culturally and nutritionally to result in major population changes over time. Relate the growth of the human population to our ecological footprint and explain the idea of limits to population growth known as the carrying capacity. Relative to carrying capacity, what may result from unbridled continued growth of our population? How does the size of the human population contribute to environmental degradation? Why must we take the human population size into account when we attempt to develop environmental restoration projects?
You can use this outline below or create your own for the paper. I have to have an outline similar to this. Thanks!
- Introduction â Patterns of Growth
- Hunter-Gatherer Societies human populations small
- Agriculture and settling of human populations â modest growth
- Historical â slow growth
- Modern â rapid growth
- Impact on growth due to culture
- Impact on growth due to technology
- Impact on growth due to medical advances
- Infant survival
- Mother survival
- Increase in longevity
- Doubling times of population during this period
- Ecological Footprint
- What is it?
- How calculated?
- Variability with lifestyle
- Footprint of the individual vs entire population
- Carrying capacity of human populations
- Is there a carrying capacity?
- Technological impacts on carrying capacity â Green Revolution
- Consequences of continued growth of human populations
- Impact on use of products of photosynthesis
- Impact on biodiversity
- Impact on natural communities (are there any untouched on the world?)
- Global impacts
- Local impacts
- Conservation and Human populations
For this assignment, perform a complete head-to-toe assessment on one of your chosen participants. Your analysis should include the following:
- Topical headings to delineate systems.
- For any system for which you do not have equipment, explain how you would do the assessment.
- Detailed review of each system with normal and abnormal findings, along with normal laboratory findings for client age.
- An analysis of age-specific risk reduction, health screen, and immunizations.
- Your expectation of normal findings and what might indicate abnormal findings in your review of systems.
- The differential diagnosis (disease) associated with possible abnormal findings.
- A plan of care (including nursing diagnosis, interventions, evaluation).
- Client and age-appropriate evidenced based practice strategies for health promotion.
- Pharmacological treatments that can be used to address health issues for this client.
Provide your answers in a 6- to 7-page Microsoft Word document.
Support your responses with examples.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format.
- Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
- This handout will provide you the details of formatting your essay using APA style.
- You may create your essay in this APA-formatted template.
Smith talked about some classical ethical theories: utilitarianism, deontology, virtue ethics, and situation ethics. What ONE theory do you find that you tend to employ more than the others when you are making moral decisions? Describe that one theory and explain why you find it useful. Give specific examples. Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
Euthanasia: According to James Keenan, what segment of the population is actually seeking physician-assisted suicide, and do you think this fact should shape the conversation? If so, how? Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
Sexuality: According to Kari-Shane Davis Zimmerman in her article about the current hookup culture, what exactly is hooking up? How does hooking up relate to the formation of romantic relationships on college campuses? Hooking up encourages what sort of initial emotional attachment? Is that always possible? Why or why not? How does hooking up relate to developing lasting intimate relationships? Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
Heterosexism: In his article “Bearing Better Witness,” Ron Sider argues that marriage is not just about love and the emotional commitment two people have toward each other. He argues that marriage is about an important relationship and that marriage serves society. What is that key relationship and how does protecting that relationship serve society? Evaluate his argument. Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
PLEASE READ NEED THESE ANSWER TODAY IN THE NEXT 2 HOUR FOR MY FINAL EXAM. THAT IS DUE TODAY
First, explain in simple contemporary language what is going on in each set of lines (or stanza)âwrite as if this were being said today in a local club or bar. In other words, change the language here from that of late 19th century England to that of a club in your city or region today.
Then explainabout the narratorâs (the speaker’s in the poem–not Thomas Hardy’s) argument about why he killed the man. Then, based on his language and delivery, explain his argument–whether or not he feels he did the right thing when he killed the man. Finally, explain the narratorâs attitude (or feelings) toward war itself.
In your essay be specific. Use âproofâ from the poem to show your argument or points. This proof will be specific statements the narrator makes.
âThe Man He Killedâ by Thomas Hardy
“Had he and I but met By some old ancient inn, We should have sat us down to wet Right many a nipperkin! [a half pint of beer]
“But ranged as infantry, And staring face to face, I shot at him as he at me, And killed him in his place.
“I shot him dead because â Because he was my foe, Just so: my foe of course he was; That’s clear enough; although
“He thought he’d ‘list, perhaps, [list is slang for enlist] Off-hand like â just as I â Was out of work â had sold his traps â [trappingsâhis clothes, tools, belongings] No other reason why.
“Yes; quaint and curious war is! You shoot a fellow down You’d treat if met where any bar is, Or help to half-a-crown.” [English coin, like saying a few bucks]
Define “Baroque” and “Classicism.” Then, using these definitions, write a paper that contrasts the Baroque art of Bernini (e.g., “Ecstasy of St. Teresa,” in The Making of the West) with the Classicism of Poussin (e.g., “Discovery of Achilles on Skyros,” in The Making of the West). You might want to google other images by these artists to support your ideas.
NOTE: Please produce 1 lesson plan with the attached format. Also, I have already located the 4 sample lesson plan from a website so you do not have to complete that portion of the assignment. Please use any state standard you find. Also, you can choose one grade level to complete the lesson plan from 1-5th grade.
Select a 1-5 grade level and corresponding Arizona College and Career Ready Standard or other state standard based on the Operation and Algebraic Thinking domain.
Locate four sample lesson plans that focus on your chosen standard and grade level, from four different websites. Using the sample lesson plans as resources, design a new Operation and Algebraic Thinking lesson plan using the COE Lesson Plan Template.
Upon completion of your new lesson plan, identify an appropriate instructional strategy for a student with difficulty in perception and attention, and an instructional strategy appropriate for a student with difficulty in memory and retrieval.
In 500-550 words, summarize each strategy, describing how each encourages critical thinking specific to your lesson. Be sure to rationalize the appropriateness of each strategy in regards to the specified student and learning target.
Support your choices with this week’s readings and a minimum of two outside scholarly resources. In addition, cite the websites that you used as references to develop your lesson plan.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
review the article attached and Briefly introduce and summarize the article.Identify the authorâs main points. Who is the authorâs intended audience?Were any specific issues addressed in the article? What were they? How could the author expand on the main points?The article must be at least three to five pages in length, not including the title and reference pages, quoted material must have accompanyingcitations. The assignment must be formatted using APA style.
ssignment 1 Submit Here
Assignment 1: Developing a Strategic Communication Plan
Due Week 3 and worth 120 points
Imagine that you are a member of a team assigned by the police chief in your hometown to revise the organization’s strategic communication plan. Your assignment is to utilize strategic approach that you have learned so far to develop your city’s police department’s strategic communication plan.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Outline the approach that you would use to conduct research and interpret the situational analysis for your hometown.
- Determine the main goals and objectives of your proposed communication plan. Predict the target group of your communication plan.
- Propose the general communication strategies of your proposed plan. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Develop the first four (4) main steps of your city’s police department’s strategic communication plan. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources as references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and similar websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the hierarchy of command associated with modern law enforcement agencies.
- Discuss the theoretical undertones of policing strategies (i.e., community policing, patrol patterns).
- Discuss ideological and practical positions and debate controversial issues in policing.Examine the requirements of local and federal agency training requirements.
- Use technology and information resources to research advanced issues in law enforcement.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced issues in law enforcement using proper grammar and mechanic
Outline the approach that you would use to conduct research and interpret the situational analysis for your home-town.
Determine the main goals and objectives of your proposed communication plan. Predict the target group of your communication plan.
3. Propose the general communication strategies of your proposed plan. Provide a rationale for your response.
Develop the first four (4) main steps of your city’s police department’s strategic communication plan. Provide a rationale for your response.
Clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements
During your intake session, you collect a lot of personal information that is protected by federal law. What would you do if a family member of the client calls you and demands to know about your client? In this scenario, your client did not give written permission for you to divulge information to this family member. Why is it unethical (and illegal) to tell someone about your client without written permission from the client?