- Use this problem for the project: Marketing and Customer Loyalty – challenge to market to potential customers effectively and retain existing customers.
Your company, Rasmussen Consulting, was hired by MovieFlix, a company that provides subscription service for on-demand Internet streaming media and DVD-by-mail within the U.S. You are the consultant that Rasmussen has decided to assign the MovieFlix case to.
To begin your assignment you will need to select one of the business problems described in the “Capstone Project Introduction” page of Module 01. You will complete this assignment in 2 parts. To complete your assignment, you will need to do the following: Use problem listed above.
- Research your business issue. You will need to use a minimum of 4 credible sources for your research, with 2 being academic sources, such as a book or an academic scholarly journal. Academic scholarly journals can be accessed through the Rasmussen Online Library. For business sources, ProQuest and EBSCO Host are helpful.
*A note about credible sources: Credible sources are reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. These sources are written by authors respected in their fields of study. You want to identify sources where the author of the article is listed, if they’ve referenced other information, the sources should be cited so that you can check for the accuracy of and support what they have written. Wikipedia is not considered a credible source. For more information on credible sources, please visit the Rasmussen Online Library.
In 2-3 pages, describe the problem that you’ve selected:
- What is the problem?
- Why is it a problem for businesses?
- Why does this problem exist or what causes it?
- What are some of the consequences if the problem goes unsolved?
- Remember to use proper tone in your paper. You are speaking from a “consultant” point of view. Your audience is the Leadership Team at MovieFlix.
- Make sure to write your paper utilizing proper APA formatting guidelines, and to include an APA formatted title page. Use NoodleBib to document your sources and to complete your APA formatted reference page and in-text citations.
Now that you’ve shown MovieFlix that you’ve adequately researched their issue it’s time to write them a formal business letter to discuss next steps.
- Write a formal business letter from your company (Rasmussen Consulting) to MovieFlix. For your letter, you will need to follow proper business formatting guidelines and use “block letter formatting.” Also, include an APA formatted title page
- Your business letter needs to be a minimum of 2 pages in length and must include the following:
- Let MovieFlix know that you have researched the issue and what your conclusions are for their company based on your research.
- Discuss latest developments surrounding the issue.
- Describe what the first steps will be in helping them to resolve their issue. Explain why it’s important that these be the first steps and what your role will be in helping them to implement these first steps.
- Because this is a formal business letter, tone and grammar are extremely important. You will need to submit your letter to “Grammarly” which a free service for Rasmussen students, prior to submitting your paper to the drop box. Once you’ve made all of your suggested grammar corrections, submit your paper to the Drop Box, along with your Grammarly PDF report as a separate attachment. Your goal is to obtain a Grammarly score of 90 – 100%.
- Grammarly instructions can be accessed here.
- Submit your paper, business letter, and Grammarly report as three separate attachments to the drop box below.