You will have two of these Interactive Research Essay forums in this course and this is the first one.
The forum is due: Friday
Directions for the Interactive essay forum
The initial ESSAY post with with well referenced facts is due by Friday, 11:55 p.m. ET and 2 peer responses are due by Sunday, 11:55 p.m
You will use your last name to find a narrative:
student assigned by the first letter of their last name:
Arkansas – Last names starting with A -B
1. You are to find one slave narratives from your assigned states.
2. In essay format, you will retell to the class what you heard and read about from your chosen person about their slave experiences…
Interactive Written Debates and written Essay Research discussion forums: During the course you will write essay in week 3 and a essay in week 6 with 2 peer responses to discuss the interactive topic, add references—posts must be at least 300 words in content. In-depth explanations of the exact expectations are located in the Forum area of the class.
You will need to have at least 300 words in this post plus 3 full references due Friday …Remember to explain what details and experiences these ex-slaves gave in describing the institution of slavery and the practice of slavery.
3. Also 2 peer responses that are at least 100 words each minimum to complete the forum due Sunday.
4. You must reference using one of the three formats and following your major’s designated style: MLA, APA, CS, Kate L. Turabian’s Manual, and the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS). YOU MUST CITE YOUR SOURCES!
5. Also summarize your findings on this ex-slave in the last paragraph. What did you find surprising or different than based on your own knowledge of enslavement and what the course has discussed so far.
Options to access the narratives:
Option 1: The LOC site where you can hear and read the narrative…there is something powerful about listening to the people in their own voice about their experiences….When you go this link: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/voices/title.html look under the state
Option 2: Location in the class is at the bottom of this forum post…attached are every state and the transcripts of the interviews by state for you to read
Also for a third reference various sources to help:
Remember that this is a formal essay and you need an introduction, body, and conclusion.
Good luck and I look forward to your findings and research..