EDU 533 – Assignment 1
Assignment 1: Project Analysis
Due Week 3 and worth 180 points
In Week 1, you identified a need, such as new equipment, expanding curriculum, change in procedures, and so forth, that you want to address through the instructional curriculum you will create for your class project. You also provided a rationale why the problem or need exists. Each week is a building block as we move through the stages for planning instructional design to address the identified need. The purpose of this assignment is to document the planning process. Use the Internet to locate information that you believe will assist you with your project.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
1. Create a needs analysis for the identified need.
2. Determine the learner characteristics for the identified need.
3. Create three (3) objectives from the cognitive, behavioral, and affective domains for the identified need.
4. Create a procedural analysis flowchart using Excel, Visio, or one (1) of their equivalents such as OpenOffice or Dia. In the flowchart, identify the starting points, decision steps, and ending points related to the learning task. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
5. Include at least two (2) references (no more than ten  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate academic resources include reputable Websites, scholarly texts, and peer-reviewed articles. Wikipedia and other wikis do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one (1) of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze theories and models of instructional design in relation to learner and program needs.
• Analyze trends, standards, resources, and issues related to instructional design.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in instructional design and development.
• Write clearly and concisely about issues in instructional design and development using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.