- Create an essay based on community communication capabilities, goals, and problems.
- Create a real-world scenario of an all-hazards event such as a major fire, earthquake, or terrorist attack.
- The scenario will be of your own choosing and imaginative process, but it must be written as if it were being presented to a local city council.
- Include conclusions and recommendations for installation, maintenance, and operation of communications equipment.
- Address the human factor for communication breakdowns and requisite training for operators.
- What is the role of a public spokesperson? Explain.
- What qualifications should be required for a public spokesperson to assure accurate public information, minimize rumors, and provide instruction for evacuation and assistance before a predicted crisis, during an emergency, and after returning to a normal routine? Explain.
- What strategies must be implemented at the local level to enhance communication and eliminate corresponding equipment problems that may arise during a crisis situation? Explain.
Be sure to reference all sources using APA format.