When the relationship between two or more independent variables needs to be tested, a common tool to use is a regression analysis. Take for example a study that shows the relationship between gaming and teen violence; or a study that shows a correlation between fast food eating habits and obesity.
- Describe 2-3 independent variables that you could test using a regression analysis.
- What types of results could the regression analysis yield? How could you use the knowledge gained from the test?
- Describe a specific organizational application of correlation and regression that you will use in your future career.
Present your findings as a Word document of 3-5 pages (body of paper) formatted in APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title Page: Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS.
- Abstract: A summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5–6 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference Page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA format using the attached template. Using the template without deleting the headings ensures that you cover each segment of the assignment.
And the Dis Board
This discussion has 2 parts: Regression Analysis involves lurking variables, outliers, scatter plots, linear correlation Coefficient and regression Equation.
- What types of data can be used to generate different kinds of graphs?
- How have you used data to showcase an example or solve a problem? Did you get the outcome you expected? Explain.