Due Week 5 and worth 175 points
Refer to both the Overall Concept for Assignments 1-4 and your responses from Assignment 1 in order to complete this assignment.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Debate the overall merits of the selected emerging technology over the three (3) others that you had previously identified from Assignment 1.
- Compare and contrast the emerging technology that you chose with the three (3) other emerging technologies that you did not choose. Your comparison should address the following:
- Three (3) methods in which the attributes and features of each address the needs and or challenges inherent in the educational setting or related to the scenario you selected in Assignment 1.
- Significant ways in which each technology supports meaningful learning.
- Three (3) attributes and / or features inherent in each emerging technology that instructors may use to address select characteristics of the 21st Century student population that you had previously identified.
- Three (3) aspects of your selected technology that best address two (2) of the NETS-S standards for using technology to guide learning.
- Provide at least five (5) sources that document detailed information about this emerging technology. The sources must be within the last five (5) years.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Review current research related to emerging technologies for instruction and learning.
- Analyze the effects of technology in different instructional settings.
- Analyze the characteristics of 21st Century learners to aid in determining effective ways of using technologies for teaching and learning.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in designing, developing, and evaluating educational technologies.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in designing, developing, and evaluating educational technologies.