Case 2: Listing Property
1. Go to Realtor.com.
2. Pick an Arizona zip code, then randomly pick a house that is for sale. (You may also pick a listing of a home that is familiar to you if you like.)
3. Familiarize yourself with the listing details.
4. Still looking at Realtor.com, look at other homes that have recently sold in the same zip code. Try to find homes in close proximity to the listing you have chosen. Compare similarities and differences to the listing you have selected. In particular, note pricing of listings.
5. Look at the listing agents other listings.
6. The Arizona Realtors Multiple Listing Service (ARMLS) revised its broker listing agreement in 2012. Prior to 2012 the listing agreement was only two pages long. Download the current agreement.
?ARMLS Broker Listing Agreement:
7. Assuming that you are getting ready to list the house that you chose in Step 2:
Write up a summary of the process you would go through in marketing your home.
Discuss relative advantages and disadvantages of whether or not you would use a broker.
Discuss how you would come to an agreement with a broker whether or not you use one.
Comment on The Arizona Realtors Multiple Listing Service broker listing agreement you downloaded in Step 6.