Category : Bold Essays Writing
Learning Exercise One
After initial brainstorming about product ideas to extend the brand, each student will conduct secondary research to learn more about perception of the brand, perception of the competition, and consumer needs and wants. The purpose of the research is to learn as much as possible about the brand and the category and to generate new product ideas for the brand name.
The library databases are a good source of secondary research. The best database is probably Business Source Premier. Be sure to include in your research:
• Industry trends
• Consumer behavior patterns
• Competitor information and competitive offerings
• Product uses
• Other products available internationally
• Similar products and trends in related industries
• Any other information you think will be relevant
Be sure to include in your report:
• Sources for any secondary data; quote where appropriate but not extensively
• Analysis and discussion of any quotes used or data found
To create your report, follow a framework similar to the sample report included in the LE 1 folder. Use APA Style Guidelines for citing sources in your report (see separate posting on Blackboard). Submit the report using the LE 1 link on the Assignments tab of Blackboard. After the due date for LE 1, post your report in a forum on your group discussion board so that all the reports can be summarized and combined for the briefing book.