Match the following terms related to transcription in eukaryotes (you may use terms more than once or not at all)
A) RNA Polymerase I, B) RNA Polymerase II, C) RNA Polymerase III, D) All 3 RNA Polymerases E) None of the above
1. Driven only by downstream promoter elements __________
2. Promoter contains TATA box __________
3. rRNA __________
4. tRNA __________
5. mRNA __________
6. snRNA __________
7. A second class of promoters contains CAAT box 100-200
nucleotides from the start site of transcription __________
8. Synthesize RNA 5′ to 3′ __________
9. Synthesizes RNA 3′ to 5′ __________
10. Very sensitive to α-amanitin __________
Match the following terms related to translation and post translational processes. (you may use terms more than once or not at all)
A) Amino Acyl tRNA synthetase; B) SRP; C) HSP60 and HSP 70; D) proper order for stages of translation; E) signal peptidase; F) termination of translation; G) EF-Tu; H) Ribosome; I) IF3; J) IF1; K) none of the above L) GTP hydrolysis
1. 20 of these enzymes, critical for maintenance of the genetic code, are
found in eukaryotes _______
2. UAA, UGA, UAG aligned with A site on ribosome _______
3. Initiation, Elongation, Termination _______
4. Target misfolded proteins to the proteosome _______
5. Important in targeting proteins to the ER _______
6. Releases newly synthesized peptides into ER lumen _______
7. Release factor binds A site on Ribosome _______
8. Facilitates formation of peptide bond between amino acids _______
9. Targets charged tRNA to A site during elongation _______
10. Binds to 30S ribosome subunit and prevents premature
association with the 50S subunit ______
Very short answer questions
A. What cell/cells are involved in linking innate and adaptive immunity?
B. Name the 2 main types of phagocytes involved in innate immunity?
C. What receptors are used by innate immune cells to recognize pathogens and what do they recognize on pathogens?
D. What is the response time for an innate cell to begin to mount an immune response after recognizing a pathogen?
E. What two cell types are responsible for adaptive immunity and what receptors do they use to recognize pathogens?
F. What is happening during the delay in a primary adaptive immune response?