please follow the instructions below.
Write a biography on an artist whose active period falls within the timeframe of this course. Be as thorough as possible. Please note: Make sure to choose an artist early and gather your resources as we don’t have a lot of information on earlier artists – you may have to choose another artist.
Include the following information:
- Artist’s background – well-known personality traits, childhood family life, education and training, marriage, children, important dates like birth, death, major exhibitions, etc.
- Career – major successes or failures, well known works, medium the artist worked in, typical subject matter, styles the artist worked in
- Lifetime – Major events/technology that occurred in the artist’s lifetime that shaped his/her work
- Influences – who influenced the artist and whom the artist influenced; include an example of another artist’s work that you believe was influenced by your chosen artist and describe those characteristics
- Conclusion – Why did you choose the artist? What did you learn?
- Organize this material into a 4 page formal research paper.
- It should be double spaced with a 1” margin and type size should not exceed 12 pts.
- Art History, as a discipline, utilizes the MLA style.
- Please use at least two book and unlimited internet resources.
- Always cite your sources!
- Please read the document, “Important-Tips to Avoid Plagiarism” located in the Content section.
- Please note: Wikipedia and other “Wiki-” websites are not acceptable sources of information for any assignment in this class.