Major Debates Over Macroeconomic Policy
Purpose of Assignment
This week requires the student to address six unresolved issues in macroeconomics, each of which is central to current political debates. Students are required to use information and tools that they have accumulated in their study of the text and evaluate both sides of those issues, determine which side they can support for each issue, and defend their positions.
Select two subjects from the following list of topics and write a 1,250-word analysis total, on both topics:
- Active monetary and fiscal policy (Please include this as one of your two topics for this class!)
- Increased government spending to fight recessions
- Reducing federal government’s discretionary powers
- (Nearly) Zero-inflation target
- Balanced government budget
- Tax incentives for saving
Evaluate both the advocates’ position and the critics’ position.
Determine which position you support and defend your position.
Cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources not including your textbook.
Format consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.