Please help. Philosophy 101. Thanks a lot.
19. True or False: “If Hard Determinism is true, then it would become hard to see how Sartre’s position on the meaning of life could be true.”
20. Which of the following best states what Sartre means when he says that we are “forlorn.”
A. When you make a choice it is hard to know who to go to for advice.
B. When you make a choice you should choose the morally right action but you need advice to do to make a good choice.
C. When you make a choice, there is no basis for making it outside of yourself.
D. When you make a choice, you need to find something other than how you feel to help you figure out what to do.
21. True or False: “According to Young, all acts of violence are also acts of oppression.”
23. Which of the following is a good example of a pleasure that Epicurus would argue is something that you should focus on getting for yourself
A. Enjoying the weather on a nice day.
B. Enjoying the pride that comes with getting A’s on your exams.
C. Enjoying the nice new car you just bought.
D. All of the above E. None of the above
24. According to Susan Wolf, objective value in a project of worth depends entirely on That the project is pleasurable.
A. The the project is something the person doing it really wants to do.
B. The subjective point of view of the person engaged in makes the person think it is valuable.
C. All of the above.
D. None of the above.