Please help with my final takehome exam. Much appreciate your help.
31. Which of the following would Nozick not claim to be unjust if the government did it?
A. Punishing a thief by making him pay back his victim
B. Banning people from selling and buying dangerous drugs
C. Requiring companies to not lie about their products
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
32. True or False: “According to Al Ghazali, in order to have knowledge that some belief is you true, your belief must be safe from error, i.e. it must be that you know it cannot be false.”
33. Which of the following best states what Hobbes believes about what the state of nature would be like.
A. Without law and government, people would be kind and caring and would organize into tribes where members of the tribe would take care of each other.
B. Without law and government, people would cooperate with each other and be kind and altruistic some of the time, but they would also be selfish and violent at other times.
C. Without law and government, people would be selfish and violent all of the time and life would be horrific.
D. Without law and government, people would isolate themselves and live alone.
34. True or False: “Based on what she says in “The Five Faces of Oppression,” Iris Marion Young would state that affirmative action policies that make it harder for middle-class and upper-class white men to get into elite colleges are a form of oppression of white men.”
35. True or False: “According to Epictetus, one should show sympathy for someone else’s grief but not become too invested in grieving the loss of anyone.”
39. Which of the following best states Sartre’s beliefs about existence and essence?
A. For objects we make like machines, essence precedes existence.
B. If God exists and created people to perform a function, then our essence precedes existence.
C. A person’s existence precedes their essence.
D. All of the above.
E. None of the above
40. True or False: “In ‘De Rerum Natura,’ Lucretius states that we know that every event that happens can be explained without resorting to claiming that “the Gods did it” or “it was a miracle,” because we know that no event can happen without something that caused it to happen.”