Using the Internet, your textbook, or any other available materials, research a notorious criminal case that used shoe impressions.
Note: Please choose any case other than the O.J. Simpson case. Be creative in your research pursuits.
After researching a case, complete the following:
- Briefly sum5marize the case.
- Provide specifics about the investigation/background of the case. Were there any problems associated with handling the evidence in this case?
- If your case includes more than one type of evidence, other than the required evidence in your assigned case, please note that as well.
Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Discuss how a criminalist may properly collect, preserve, and analyze the evidence presented.
Also, discuss some of the specific laboratory techniques that may be conducted to analyze the evidence. (If you are researching an older case, provide information about how that evidence might be analyzed today).
- A summary of the case
- Written material providing specifics about the investigation/background of the case, including any problems associated with handling the evidence in this case (from Individual Portion)
- How a criminalist may properly collect, preserve, and analyze the evidence presented (from Group Portion)
- Specific laboratory techniques that may be conducted to analyze the evidence (from Group Portion)
- What is the importance of expert testimony? Explain.
- What problems exist with the use of expert witnesses? Explain.
- What role might an expert witness play in this particular case? Be specific.
Compile the information above for your assigned case into a clean and organized report.