This assignment provides you an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding, and beliefs regarding human development and learning. Your ability to discuss, describe, summarize, and analyze the implications human development and learning have on classroom practice will be assessed.
First, consider the following scenario:
Your responsibility is to plan, design, develop and implement a teacher or organizational training session. Key factors of human development, cognitive development theories, and brain development in a selected age group are to be included, with emphasis on how these factors guide classroom or mental health practice.
Then, choose one of the following audiences: Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary Teachers or mental health practitioners. Your presentation must discuss these three areas: cognitive theory, theories of human development, and relevant brain research. It must also make clear connections between each of these elements to classroom or organizational practice.
Your presentation may be either a PowerPoint presentation or a video presentation (created using a program like Jing (Links to an external site.)
Links to an external site.
). Your presentation must include:
- A discussion of the importance of integrating cognitive theory with practice.
- A description of cognitive development and human development theories .
- A summary of relevant and recent brain development research.
- An analysis of the implications of cognitive theory, human development theory, and brain development research on memory, behavior, and maximizing learning.
- Apply and demonstrate how one of these theories (cognitive theory, human development or brain research) would relate to a specific population (developmental disorder, cognitive disorder, etc.) in understanding the etiology of the student or client’s issue and how to work with them in the classroom or organizational setting.
If you choose to a PowerPoint presentation, it should be 20-25 slides in length. If you choose to a video/screencast presentation, it should be 8-10 minutes in length. Regardless of your presentation method, the content should be clear and focused. You are encouraged to be creative, and include APA referenced visuals such as pictures, other graphics, charts, tables, etc. Your PowerPoint presentation must include a title slide and a reference slide.
I have chosen to do Early childhood if you could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it